Some Android users are currently experiencing an issue where the app consistently stops playing during playback or at the end of an episode, instead of continuing on to the next episode. If you're experiencing this issue, please try the following:
Adjust your battery settings to ensure the Android Operating System doesn't shut down the Wondery app when you're listening with the app in the background:
Follow these steps from the Samsung support site. In Step #1, select "Unrestricted".
Google (or most other manufacturers) Phones
Set the Battery Usage setting on your device to "Unrestricted" for the Wondery app by doing one of the following:
- Visit Device Settings -> Battery -> Battery Usage -> Look for “Wondery” app -> Tap on “Unrestricted”.
- Visit Device Settings -> Apps > Look for "Wondery" app -> Battery -> Tap on "Unrestricted".
Also, if you're on a Google device and you're using Extreme Battery Saver, make sure you set Wondery as an Essential app:
- Visit Device Settings -> Battery -> Battery Saver -> Extreme Battery Saver -> Essential apps -> select "Wondery"
If you're still experiencing issues after following the steps above, please contact us so we can dig in further. In the meantime, here are other options for using your Wondery+ subscription:
- Use our mobile website instead. Visit wondery.com/login and you'll be able to access all your Wondery+ content on this or any device with a browser, anytime.
- Use your Wondery+ subscription in Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, or another supported third-party app. See here for more info on this option.
For more Android troubleshooting steps, see this article.