Some Android users are currently experiencing an issue where the app consistently crashes shortly after launch or during playback. We just released an update that resolves this issue. If you're experiencing this issue, please try the following:
- Go to Google Play and update to the latest version of the app (version 1.17.1 or higher).
- Set the Battery Usage setting on your device to "Optimized" for the Wondery app. To do so, do one of the following on your phone:
- Visit Device Settings -> Battery -> Battery Usage -> Look for “Wondery” app -> Tap on “Optimized” or “Unrestricted”.
- Visit Device Settings -> Apps > Look for "Wondery" app -> Battery -> Tap on "Optimized" or "Unrestricted".
- Use our mobile website instead. Visit wondery.com/login and you'll be able to access all your Wondery+ content on this or any device with a browser, anytime.
- Use your Wondery+ subscription in Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, or another supported third-party app. See here for more info on this option.
For more Android troubleshooting steps, see this article.