Starting with v1.23.0, the Wondery app for iOS now supports CarPlay. Here's how you can connect:
If your car supports CarPlay, when you connect your iPhone to your car via USB or wirelessly, the Wondery app will automatically appear on the CarPlay Home screen. Depending on how many CarPlay apps you have, you may have to navigate to the second or third CarPlay Home screen to find the Wondery app.
If you don’t see the Wondery app on the CarPlay Home screen:
1. Make sure you are using the latest version of the Wondery app, Version 1.23.0 or newer. To check, in the Wondery app tap the settings icon, located on the upper right corner of the Wondery Home screen. Then scroll to the bottom of the settings page. At the bottom you will find the app’s version number.
2. If you are on the latest version of the Wondery app, but still don’t see Wondery app on the CarPlay Home screen, on your iPhone, go to Settings > General, then tap CarPlay. Next, Select your car. Then tap Customize. Look for the Wondery app in the list, and tap the Add button “+”. You can then tap and drag an app to change the order the apps appear in.
For more information about CarPlay, head over to Apple’s CarPlay Help page.
If you have questions or run into any trouble, please reach out to our support team for assistance.
The Wondery app does not currently support Android Auto. It is on our roadmap, but we don't have timing. In the meantime, you have two options to listen to Wondery+ in your car via Android Auto:
Option 1: Control the app from your phone
Though the app doesn't support Android Auto at this time, you can still connect your phone via Bluetooth, USB, or AUX cable to your car stereo and control playback from the app on your phone. For safety, please don't use the controls on the app while you're driving.
Option 2: Export Wondery+ versions of shows to a third-party app that supports CarPlay or Android Auto
In addition to the Wondery app and Wondery.com, you can also listen to Wondery+ content in a variety of free third-party podcast apps which already support Android Auto, including Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, and more, using our private RSS feed "export" feature. Just follow these instructions to export Wondery+ versions of your favorite shows to a supported third-party app:
- Go to any show page on wondery.com on your mobile device and sign in with your Wondery credentials
- Tap on the "More Options" button to select other apps to listen on
- Tap on your preferred app and follow the instructions on screen to complete the process
- To add other shows, repeat steps 1-3.