We've heard from users about a few common technical issues with subscriptions on Apple Podcasts, including:
- I've never been a Wondery+ or Wondery+ Kids on Apple Podcasts subscriber and it appears that the show I'm trying to listen to is now only available for subscribers
- I cancelled my Wondery+ or Wondery+ Kids on Apple Podcasts trial and now I can't play any Wondery content, even the free content
- General playback issues for subscription content on Apple Podcasts
If you're having any of these or similar issues on Apple Podcasts, please try the following to see if it resolves things:
1. Upgrade to the Latest Version of iOS (iOS 15, as of this writing)
Many of the issues described above have been resolved in the most recent iOS update. To upgrade, follow these instructions provided by Apple.
2. Unfollow then re-follow the show
Try unfollowing the show, closing Apple Podcasts, then navigating back to the show and following it again.
To unfollow on iPhone, tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the show page, then select "Unfollow Show" from the menu.
To follow, go back to the show page and tap the "+" icon in the upper right corner of the page.
3. Sign out and then back into Apple Podcasts
Launch Apple Podcasts
Tap the "Listen Now" icon from the bottom navigation bar
Tap the avatar / icon in the upper-right corner of this page
Tap "Sign Out"
Enter your Apple credentials and hit "Sign In" to sign back in
4. Contact Apple Support
If signing out and back into Apple Podcasts doesn't resolve your issue, you may need to reach out to Apple's support team to investigate. You can reach them here:
5. Listen in another podcast app
Our free, ad-supported content is also available on wondery.com, the Wondery app, Amazon Music, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and pretty much everywhere podcasts are available. You can find links to listen to all of our shows in other apps from the show's page on our website.
Issues Accessing Wondery+ in the Wondery App or Wondery.com
If you've subscribed to Wondery+ or Wondery+ Kids on Apple Podcasts and are trying to use that subscription in the Wondery app, please note that these two systems are separate from one another and your logins cannot be used interchangeably. More information is available in this article.
If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to contact Wondery support via the chat widget or here.
I Can't Get Past the "Listen Ad Free" Pop Up Page
This is an Apple Podcasts bug that has been addressed with the roll-out of iOS OS version 16.6. If you're not updated to version 16.6 yet on your device, you can work around this issue with these steps:
- Follow the show. You can stop following the show after playing the episode.
- Navigate to the show page, then pull-to-refresh.